“The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art.”Leonardo Da Vinci
What is Advanced Podiatry?
Podiatric medicine is devoted to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the foot and ankle resulting from injury or disease.
The human foot is the first area to show signs of serious conditions such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease; here at San Mateo Podiatry Group, we call it Advanced Podiatry.
- 75% of Americans will experience foot problems in their lives.
- 19% of Americans have an average of 1.4 foot problems each year.
Common Podiatric Conditions
It is not normal for your feet to hurt! Patients suffering from foot pain can’t be their best selves at home, work or while exercising. Patients suffer in silence with these common problems:
- Onychomychosis (commonly known as toenail fungus)
- Onychocryptosis (commonly known as an ingrown toenail)
- Ganglion Cysts
- Puncture Wounds
- Skin Cancers of the Foot and Ankle
- Soft Tissue Biopsy and Diagnosis
- Verruca Plantaris (commonly know as Plantar Warts)
Patients suffering from foot pain are limited in their ability to exercise, spend time with their families and perform at work. These problems become more severe issues if neglected, requiring more invasive treatment than if earlier diagnosed and treated.
How We’re Different
The Doctors and team of San Mateo Podiatry Group proudly offer patients the latest advanced, safe and effective treatments for foot and ankle problems.
- Same day consultations are generally available
- Most procedures can be completed with little to no discomfort.
- Generally, patients can return to work, sports and exercise immediately.
Our Clients, In Their Own Words
Trust the Experience, Experience The Difference
Founded in 1917, San Mateo Podiatry Group is the San Francisco Peninsula’s Premier Foot and Ankle Specialty Practice, delivering a tradition of excellence in foot and ankle care.
The Doctors of San Mateo Podiatry Group are Board Certified Podiatric Foot and Ankle Surgeons use the latest technology, proven research, and experience to deliver great results for patients.
Our proven process delivers state of the art foot and ankle care to our clients, to help them become their best selves.