What is Advanced Podiatry?
Podiatric medicine is a specialty devoted to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the foot and ankle resulting from injury or disease. The human foot has a complex interrelation with the rest of the body, which means that it may be the first area to show signs of serious conditions such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Here at San Mateo Podiatry Group, we call it Advanced Podiatry.
- 75% of Americans will experience foot health problems at some time in their lives.
- About 19% of the U.S. population has an average of 1.4 foot problems each year.
Common Podiatric Conditions
It is not “normal” for your feet to hurt! Patients who suffer from foot pain are affected by not being able to be their best selves at home, at work, or when they exercise. Patients often suffer in silence with these problems, under the misconception that foot pain is normal. Some of the more common problems are:
- Onychomychosis (commonly known as toenail fungus)
- Onychocryptosis (commonly known as an ingrown toenail)
- Ganglion Cysts
- Puncture Wounds
- Skin Cancers of the Foot and Ankle
- Soft Tissue Biopsy and Diagnosis
- Verruca Plantaris (commonly know as Plantar Warts)
Often, patients suffering from foot pain are limited in their ability to exercise, spend time with their families, and perform at work. Left untreated, many of these problems can become more severe issues, requiring more invasive treatment than what would be necessary if the problem was diagnosed and treated earlier.
Conditions such as deeper infections or malignant melanoma can actually be life and limb-threatening.
How We’re Different
The doctors and team of San Mateo Podiatry Group are proud to offer patients safe, effective, advanced treatments for common foot and ankle problems.
- Same day consultations are generally available
- Most procedures can be completed in the office with little to no discomfort.
- Generally, patients can return to work and recreational sports and exercise immediately.
Our Clients, In Their Own Words
Experience The Difference
The Doctors of San Mateo Podiatry Group are Board Certified Podiatric Foot and Ankle Surgeons use the latest technology, proven research, and experience to deliver great results for patients.
Since 1917, San Mateo Podiatry Group has delivered a tradition of excellence in foot and ankle care; more families choose us for their foot and ankle care than any other practice in the San Francisco Peninsula.