Welcome! If you have a foot and ankle problem, we can help you solve it and reach your goals!
Learn about our proven method, gain insight into your injury and treatment options, and understand what to expect when working with us.
1. Discover Our Proven Method
San Mateo Podiatry Group takes a modern approach to treating foot and ankle injuries, learning about our patients, and delivering solutions that help patients achieve their goals. Learn more about our proven method:
We like to get to know our patients, and we want to ensure that our patients know how our practice is different. By better understanding our client’s goals, we can provide solutions to help them meet those goals.
We take time to listen to our patients, to learn about the specific challenges of their injuries, and then perform a comprehensive examination. Advanced imaging, when necessary, is available on-site.
Where it all comes together: Board-certified Foot and Ankle Surgeons inform and simplify, using the latest technology, proven research, and experience to deliver great outcomes. Most patients benefit from less invasive therapies, and surgery, when indicated, is expertly presented and performed as minimally invasively as possible.
We are honored to have three generations of the same families as patients. You will see clients with our gear on the campuses of our community’s most noted companies. Patients trust us with their care, traveling nationally, and internationally. Their success is our success, and they are our greatest ambassadors.
2. Understand Your Injury
The foot and ankle is one of the most fascinating and complicated areas of human anatomy and function; Problems are often subtle and can be challenging to assess. Learn more about what might be causing your symptoms.
3. Your Consultation: What To Expect
A consultation at San Mateo Podiatry Group will be one of the most convenient and comprehensive medical appointments you’ve ever experienced. Learn more about what to expect during your consultation:
- After you schedule your appointment, you’ll receive an email link to access the patient portal, where you can securely complete your registration, and send us any prior records.
- When you arrive, we’ll briefly finalize your registration and you’ll be taken into our clinic. One of our certified medical assistants will review your history, and then you’ll meet one of our board-certified foot and ankle doctors and surgeons for your consultation.
- If needed, advanced imaging is available on-site.
- The majority of patients receive a same-day diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Prescriptions and referrals are sent electronically when necessary.
- The clinic also provides bracing and crutches when necessary.
- We are experts at helping patients understand and maximize their health insurance benefits; If needed, we can help you understand how your consultation and visits will be billed to your health insurance and what your cost share will be.
- Next steps: Your follow up visit will be scheduled, and you’ll have access to the patient portal for secure messaging, access to your medical records, and associated support materials.
San Mateo Podiatry Group partners with drchrono to offer our clients a convenient and secure telemedicine experience.
After you schedule, you’ll receive a confirmation email, with a one-click link to access the video visit. You can also log into OnPatient (drchrono’s patient portal app), and Start the Video Visit.
5. Out of Town Patients
Dr. Metaxas’ practice is a foot and ankle center of excellence with national and international referrals. Learn more about our services for patients who travel for their surgery.
6. Understanding Your Health Insurance and Financial Considerations
Healthcare insurance and payment options can be confusing; we can help. Learn more about maximizing your health insurance benefits and treatment financing options.